Updated Objectives:1. To raise awareness among the Abagusii community of the state and level of endangerment of the language.
2. To encourage its learning and promotion.
3. To document, preserve and archive it.
4. To help establish an organisation to initiate, spearhead and oversee the language's dynamism especially in technology, communication, medicine and the environment.
5. To facilitate community support for families, providing care for people living with HIV/AIDS and orphans and to ensure programme sustainability through income generating activities.
Modalities:1. Generate Encyclopedic materials in the form of dictionaries, references and other literature.
2. Establish cultural community centres.
3. Establish sustainable learning programs within the community, and
4. Train personnel to sustain the gains and propogate them for posterity.
5. Organise HIV-AIDS outreach programs: home based care, counselling, feeding and education.
copyright Kennedy Bosire / Nigel Deacon, Diversity website
|Cosby Methodist Church|
|Links to other sites|